giovedì 18 aprile 2024

Victorian Gentlemen journal


 Hello everyone, today a post in which I show you one of my latest creations. For this I used Joey cardmaker's collection of ephemera. I wasn't sure whether to use just one or both collections, yes because there are two collections of these ephemera, Victorian Ladies and Victorian Gentlemen. For this cover I found a image in Pintarest, an old car.

I will make another one with more than 2 bindings and I can add more pages and I will use both collections. For this I put only Victorian gentlemen.

I'm writing this post while thisjournal is on the road... this is a gift, and I hope it's a surprise, I'll post this when it arrives.

When I talked about journals and junk journals, I wanted to only use small snippets of my scrapbook creations like cards, mini albums, and so on. But this world fascinated me a lot because you have no rules, in the creations of the albums you have to be perfect and measured, everything closed in some rules that make them all quite similar to each other, diaries and junk diaries give you much more freedom to express yourself. I'm not that bright but I'm slowly improving.

Talking to a friend of mine I opened a box where I keep my first diaries, I laughed about it and I saw how I improved.

For this diary I used coffee dyed paper and tea dyed paper, some pages are my attempts with the gelli plate, I keep trying with the gelli plate because I find it difficult, I mean I don't get the result I have in mind, I need practice.

I took more than 140 photos so adding them all here is too much, I thought I'd make a photo video to show you all, I also filmed a video, but for me speaking in English is not that easy so I filmed 2 videos in Italian one is more long and detailed the other shorter, I don't know what video I will upload to YouTube.

I tried to leave a lot of writing space, this time I wrote down all the ideas I wanted to add in a note I tried to add all or so. It's not easy because I wanted it to be masculine, and I don't know if it's me but I always find it very complicated to create something masculine, even when I made jewellery, the same thing when for birthdays, anniversaries etc. I have to make a gift for a man it's difficult.

For this journal I tried some techniques I watched in some Youtube videos, I made some tags that I saw making from Gayle Agostinelli, "stack 'n whack tags for example, I added to the video all links in decription box. I think it's important to mention all sourses of my inspiration. 

About my photo video I didn't find a music that could fit with video, so I left it without music PHOTO VIDEO 

I added a pocket made with envelope, you know the ones with a window, and also another kind of pocket made with a book page and a window on it, as "glass" of the window I put a cereal bag, because is not trasparent but gives a nice effect. For this idea I let me inspired by Barbara (49 dragonfly) she use a piece of a pasta bag, it's easy and fun to do. what else? I hope to improve more each time. I send you a big hug. love. Betty

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento