martedì 1 novembre 2022

I bought a new tool: Gelli Plate


 Hi everyone, this is Betty, today I want to share with you my new purchase, a platform to print.

Let's start from the beginning. I've always been interested to new craft tecnique. I started from decoupage, tiles made as little houses,  than I tried with bijoux, pyrography, scrapbooking, I worked with rubber  (mousegummi), if you have a look to my old post you can see them, even if they are in Italian.

I saw this Gelli plate almost 6 years ago, but I didn't understand as well, than I saw a video where she printed pictures from a magazine, I said "wow, it's cool", and I wanted to buy, but I said "maybe not now because I didn't know where and how I should use I get with this plate"

Almost 6 years later, here we go, I bought it! In these 2 years I started with Junk journals. At the beginning I started to use scraps, and get space in my craft room, but I started to see in it a really artistic way to express itself.

I started with coffe dyed and to create some pages that seems old... I bought also digital paper, I downloaded them other from several sites when I started with scrapbooking and now I thought that it's really funny to find way to create my own pattern paper. Unfortunally with graphic softwere I'm hopeless, so time for gelli plate it comes.

I follow several channels and I saw really cool backgrounds made with this plate. I try it for very first time in video, and on YouTube you can watch what I got.

As always I made when I published video in italian, I add in blog details and notes that in video forgot or there was no time to say.

 what we need, Gelli plate, acrylic paint or oil paint or alchol paint (I tried only acrylic pain for the moment),copy paper (80gr) tissiu paper, than you can use stancils, stamps, pluriball, rings, squares, I used a empty roll of paper too, everything you want, as long as they are not objects that can scratch or damage the surface of the plate.

I made other attempts after the video, and I was wondering if I could print from a copy made with laser printer,  I think 1) too few different between white and black, there was a lot of kinds of grey 2) I think it works only with glossy paper, as the one in the magazine...😕 I'll try with other laser printed images and with photo paper and other kind of paper to see if I get image.
With magazine paper it works, and I tryed with big pictures, but in junk journal I need 2 pictures in A4 size, so I will try with smaller ones. Amazing and almost magic to see this image on plate and than to see on another sheet of paper. You can print as soon as you lift away magazine image or wait when is dry and put another color on and print background and image all at once. Yesterday I saw a girl who printed a background first and than immage from magazine, so there are two ways to get the same result but the way I show in my video is faster I think... 

I show you next my attempt I got with magazine images:




with this new update of the blog I cannot put pictures near, I wanted to have 2 pictures on each line... 

Anyway here some pictures I got from printing, I made other 2 but one of that was on an orange paper and you cannot see image so very difficult to have a picture, so you cannot find it here and another was an attempt to print twice the same picture, I'll keep them anyway to add other prints and splatter... 

I tried with stancils, I have really few to be true, I should try to make someone by myself with my ScanNcut, I used also pluriball, but  balls were not intact so I need to find other, but results is not bad.

I had to try other thing to use when I print, anyway I loved and I love this tool, I think is really funny and I'd like to be able to use graphic programs to make my own digital papers too, but don't ask too much Betty!
These are my attempt with stancils and pluriball:
these are sheet paper whereI passed the roller to remove the excess color
 good to die cut or to use as other background too 


I think it's one of my favourites , I love this stancil












as I said result is not bad

I think that's all for the moment, I try to finish this background and use in my projects.
I hope my english is not too bad, and if you want to follow me on Youtube FairyCreations. There are other FairyCreations but this is my image
I send you a big kiss, see you soon on Youtube. Ciao. Betty




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento