lunedì 20 marzo 2023

creative recycling, let's make nice baskets for our desk or as treat holder

 

Hi everyone, today I'm showing you how I transformed plastic containers into baskets, on my desk there are always containers full of clips, die-cuts, laces and a thousand other things,you know I don't like to see the containers with the writing and drawings of what they contained, , so I embellish them, so my desk is more colorful and nice 😃

A few days ago I was asked for the video, I explained the process via comment, then I said "let's make a quick video where I show how I make them", this too is really easy to make, in the following photos I will explain better.

We need: Plastic containers, jute, twine, jute rope (thin) raffia, lace, embellishments in felt, wood or whatever you like, then of course hot glue and/or vinyl acetate glue, fabric if you want to cover the inside of the container /basket.



I start with the base of the container, I cover it with jute, we can also use fabric, but for the baskets I always prefer jute. Cut a circle of a couple of centimeters more than the container, to have enough fabric to be able to glue it also on the side, if we cut of the same dimension of the base jute or fabric can fray.




We then glue the jute to the bottom of the container.

Once glued, we make cuts every 2 cm or so, so that the post turns without creating creases.



We glue the jute on the side of the container and start with the chosen yarn to cover the entire side.


For the first one I show in the video, I used a raffia that I bought from a Chinese shop here a few years ago and then I used twine, a little too thin actually. Some advises I want to tell you:
The first is to add hot glue for a couple of laps around the entire circumference of the container, then only in a couple of dots of glue around the entire circumference, because the glue doesn't allow you to glue the twine close between the various  rounds, leaving show the bottom.
The second tip is to use  a little thicker twine.

As you can see, for some of these baskets I used wide jute ribbon.
On the border I glued a flat trimming, if you want you can continue with the used thread, but I prefer a trimming. We then embellish as you like, with embellishments in wood, felt, fabric, with die-cuts, or flowers... free your imagination.

For the second basket I used orange colored burlap string, I just added burlap to the bottom to hide the hot glue showing through the plastic. Later I added some sisal and some eggs, in this case they are polystyrene, I didn't have any chocolates, but to give you an idea...




Instead in the first one I show in the video I made a pen holder, or rather a marker holder

In the others I keep clips, die-cuts and clothespins.
I find them very nice.
For now that's all.
I hope this post and also the video has been useful, if you have any questions comment and if you like follow my social networks, facebook
if you want to offer me a coffee or follow me, I'll leave you the link of the Ko-fi profile.

A hug to all of you. Good creativity.
Betty


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento